Passatge Madoz, 6
LOCATION: Kampala, Uganda
DURATION: 4 - 12 weeks
Street Child’s partners in Kampala are in need of critical funding to support their programmes that provide education opportunities to vulnerable refugee children. To achieve this, we are recruiting dedicated volunteers who can drive research into new funding streams and spearhead grant applications to help maintain and develop these projects.
This is a unique opportunity to be the driving force in bringing crucial funds to an organisation that is making a real difference to the lives of children caught up in the midst of the Uganda refugee crisis.
- Work closely with management to identify key areas to focus funding efforts
- Research new funding prospects and other key donors: trusts, foundations, corporates
- Write fundraising proposals and applications to prospective funders
- Manage relationships and follow up with donors
- Manage internal database of past, current and potential funders
- Experience in research and grant writing
- Strong academic background
- Independent, proactive and resourceful
- Flexible and adaptable
- Keen interest in understanding and contributing to the development sector
Successful applicants must be prepared to live and work in very basic conditions with limited access to running water, electricity and wifi.
A fundraising commitment for charity is required. Successful applicants will be assigned a fundraising mentor who is on hand to answer any questions or queries you may have as well as providing ideas, advice and support to help you reach your target.
Once in country there is a fixed daily cost covering accommodation and any work related travel. A more detailed breakdown of costs and expenses will be provided for those applicants selected for an interview.
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience, interest in the placement and availability.