English Teaching Placement leading to CertTESOL/CELT-P qualification
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The English Teacher Training College
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you interested in making meaningful contributions to a local community while working towards the bigger global picture of spreading education, language and cultural awareness?
Teach, study and travel in Austria with a non-profit organisation while earning an internationally recognised TEFL qualification! As a Student Teacher on our TEFL-YL Program (including the Trinity CertTESOL and Cambridge CELT-P), you will travel with your teaching practice group while learning to teach English as a foreign language to young learners. Student Teachers will spend more than 300 hours in the classroom helping children learn English in fun and engaging ways while acting as a cultural ambassador and bridging international gaps.
As a non-profit with a mission to provide quality teacher training while simultaneously reaching every Austrian child with a free and fun English project, we are eager to offer scholarships to motivated and qualified candidates to participate in our program. Successful candidates will receive, in addition to a place on the program, shared accommodation, basic food supplies, teaching materials and transportation to and from schools for the duration of the program.
By helping children learn English you are not only increasing their prospects but helping create a ripple effect that extends beyond the school system and into the larger international community!
WHAT WE PROVIDE
When you earn a scholarship with the English Teacher Training College, you will receive:
- Red Cross First Aid training and certificate
- Cambridge University CELT-P certification course
- Trinity College London CertTESOL certification course
- Cambridge English TKT examinations (Modules 1,2,3, CLIL and Young Learners)
- Extended training in communicative language teaching, project work, game-based learning and task-based learning techniques
- At least 300 hours of practical teaching experience in real Austrian classrooms
- Over 29 hours of observed and assessed feedback, including observing experienced Senior Teachers, microteaching video feedback, and regular feedback on your own teaching from highly qualified Course Tutors
In addition to:
- Visa assistance (non-EU candidates)
- FREE accommodation in student dormitories
- FREE grocery vouchers to cover basic food expenses
- All course-related transportation in Austria i.e. between campus and school
- English is the applicant’s first language (i.e. mother tongue) OR is spoken at native level AND the applicant has lived a significant proportion of their life in a native English speaking country
- At least 18 years of age
- A demonstrable interest in teaching English and working with children
- Ability and desire to serve as a cultural ambassador for one’s home country
- Qualifications which would allow entry to Higher Education in one's home country e.g. English A-Levels, Scottish Highers, Irish Leaving Certificate, U.S. High School Diploma with a good GPA, International Baccalaureate etc
Language/Cultural Support Available