Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Napa Initiative Research Volunteer will assist with providing information, analysis and written materials to support the efforts of the Napa County Watershed and Oak Woodland Protection Initiative.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the significance of California's forest and watershed ecology as well as strategies in fighting to protect them while working with local environmental/conservation issues and legislative process. Please note that this is an unpaid opportunity.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting the campaign with data collection, synthesis, and analysis
- Crafting/collating reports, briefing papers, and articles for the general public, media, NGOs, elected officials and government agencies
- Reporting directly to Campaign Managers
- Strong interest in the campaign’s mission
- Ability to commit 10+ hours/week up to June 2018
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills
- Pursuing a BA or BS in related field, scientific literacy strongly preferred
- Ability to attend periodical in-person meetings held in Napa. Reliable transportation (e.g. personal vehicle) and willingness to travel is a plus
To apply, please send a tailored cover letter, resume and availability to email@example.com
How To Apply
Please send a tailored cover letter, resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org