Howell Living History Farm
70 Woodens Lane
Howell Living History Farm, a Mercer County Park located in Lambertville, New Jersey, interprets farm life at the turn of the 20th century. In operation for over 30 years, Howell Farm is a living history museum, historic site and working farm where school groups and visitors learn about life on a farm by actively participating in its operation. Over 60,000 visitors come to the Farm annually to take part in the seasonal programs based on farming schedules.
Howell Farm seeks a volunteer professional videographer to assist in the documentation of the many important tasks that are completed on the farm. The videographer will work with everyone from the farmers to the office staff to record the skills and techniques needed for farming and related educational programs. Opportunities include:
• Video and photographic documentation of key safety practices, farm equipment adjustments, tour guide presentations and other material used in training employees and volunteers
• Film and photo editing
• Production of 3-minute (and some longer) videos that will become part of the farm's library of training and staff development resources
• Working in the mostly-outdoor setting of a farm where visitors come to learn about methods of food production past and present, through tours, exhibits and hands-on participation.
• Editing videos on basic software like iMovie
• Comfortable with farm animals
• Excellent communication skills
Volunteers must have their own recording equipment, and be willing to give the farm the rights to any/all of the materials produced.
We look forward to hearing from you!