Social Media and Communications Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by SKIP - Supporting Kids in Peru
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Calle Mayta Capac 1325
Rio Seco, El Porvenir
Since 2003, SKIP has been working with disadvantaged families in an impoverished district of the city of Trujillo, Peru. Our holistic programme focuses on the educational, economic, emotional and social development of each child and family. It is our aim to foster the capacity of children and families to be the principal agents of change in their own lives.
Please see our website for more details: www.skipperu.org.
We are currently looking for someone with a background in journalism, web design, communications and/or media studies who can develop new communication materials and maintain those that we have (website, newsletter etc).
With support, the volunteer will liaise with every department from the SKIP programme and carry out visits in order to gain insight into their work, create stories and report accurately on the overall status of SKIP. The Social Media and Communications Volunteer will use SKIP website and partners' websites, newsletter, Google Adverts as well as online and offline media in order to report on and promote the work of SKIP. This is an exciting and dynamic role in which the volunteer will have a lot of freedom in creating and developing communications strategies, contacting media, writing stories and report.
We are always open to new ideas and suggestions, so there is room for you to use your own creativity in this position! A key to success in this position is to be highly motivated, self-directed and results driven, as there are no set office hours.
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant studies or work experience in marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism, etc.
- Interest in our work at SKIP, and our mission
- Highly motivated, self-directed and results-driven
- The ability to reformulate ideas through various communication channels
- Experience in writing reports/newsletters
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and problem-solving skills
- A minumum of six weeks commitment
- An intermediate level of Spanish
- Experience in website maintenance and layout design
- An understanding of social media
- Photography skills.
The benefits of volunteering with us
In return for your invaluable participation in our volunteering programme, SKIP will provide:
- a thorough induction to the organisation, programmes, department and specific role
- structured and relevant training from qualified and experienced staff members - you can read bios on all our permanent team
- mentoring and support in the form of regular supervision and staff meetings as well as informal sessions
- the chance to be a part of a diverse and dedicated team and a welcoming community
- a letter of confirmation of volunteer service.
Watch our video
If you would like to know more about our project, check out our videos
Or you can read our annual reports
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
For more information, visit www.skipperu.org.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Download an application form:
If you wish to apply for this position, please click on the following link
If you have interest in other SKIP programmes and would like to share your time between communications and another programme, please be sure to note this on your application. In particular we run a photography group with the young people in the Secondary programme that could be interesting for those with the relevant skills.