Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
CitizenDEMOS is a voluntary initiative primarily focused on the health and sustainability of democracies in the US and internationally. Our mission is to cultivate and nurture the values, character, and minds vital to a culture of democracy. We organize ourselves according to our professional and peer groups such as Citizen Mediators, Citizen Social Workers, Citizen Engineers, Citizen Teachers, Citizen Elders or Citizen Homemakers.
Position Summary: As a Citizen Mediator, you will provide managerial and administrative support to CitizenDEMOS’ director, Ashok Panikkar, manage daily operations, and maintain open communication channels with our members and partner organizations amongst other responsibilities. This is a part-time, voluntary position based in Washington D.C. (20 hours/week). Preference will be given to applicants willing to commit to the minimum of eight-months.
- Assist with managing correspondence and the initiative’s calendar
- Craft monthly updates and provide editorial support as needed
- Help develop a communication strategy including social media
- Provide support in the planning and execution of events
- Build and maintain partnerships
- Other duties may be assigned
- Organized with coordination and management experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication and editing skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, adjust priorities, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of graphic design applications is preferred
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with subject line: “ATTN: Citizen Mediator” to the director at email@example.com. Candidates who can volunteer a minimum of 15 hours/week and commit to a minimum of 6 months are preferred. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.