Board Members - Supporting Survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by North Brooklyn Coalition Against Family Violence
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The North Brooklyn Coalition is seeking Board Members (Volunteer) to assist in identifying and meeting the organization’s goals and to assist with the financial/fundraising needs of the organization. Board Members are expected to collaborate with the Executive Director in resource development, fundraising and broadening the donor base through solicitation and special events.
The North Brooklyn Coalition Against Family Violence seeks to address the systemic racism, institutional injustice and cultural barriers survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault face by creating community-based support network, providing supportive services and engaging the community through outreach, education, advocacy and activism.
To ensure all survivors are empowered to direct and lead the movement to end domestic violence and sexual assault in our communities.
Board Member Description:
· Carrying out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors
· Maintains knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives
Board Member Duties:
· Conduct research to identifying new Corporate & Foundation giving leads and identifying key donors
· Lead in drafting the yearly fundraising plan
· Organizing Special Fundraising Events (Gala, Breakfasts, and other Fundraising Events)
Qualifications and Special Skills Required
Board members should be passionate about the Coalition’s mission and must have a knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault issues and best-practices. All Board members will be required to participate in a brief training and orientation.
Board Members serve two-year terms and are eligible for appointment for additional terms. Board members serve on a volunteer basis and without remuneration.
Members of the Board of Directors dedicate from 4-6 hours per month, and meet once per month and Board members are required to participate fully in all board meetings.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume with a brief cover letter indicating your interest in being a Board member to the Board of Directors firstname.lastname@example.org.