District of Columbia
Board Chair and CEO
The Permanent Residents and Naturalized Americans (PRANA) is a non-profit organization that advocates for the fair and civil treatment of immigrants all over the United States. We promote awareness surrounding social, racial, and economic issues which immigrants face every day. We also work to fight against unjust immigration laws in the United States while aiming to educate communities on cultural differences.
Through this education we hope to reduce the stigma and stereotypes associated with immigration which lead to discrimination and xenophobia.
The PRANA Consortium takes pride in advocating for the rights of immigrants while educating Americans and promoting social awareness about immigration issues. We are a non-profit organization looking for Individuals to join our team of passionate civil rights advocates.
This is a remote position. Although in-person meetings may occur if necessary. Work hours are flexible
As a Board Director, you will:
● Actively participate in Board operations, activities, improvement and contribute to the continuous development of PRANA.
● Support the establishment of programs, training and events, etc.
● Attend (4) quarterly board meetings held in January, April, July, and October along with any other meetings as scheduled.
● Be able to participate in and attend key events or activities.
● Check-in briefly with the Board Chair and at least one other Trustees twice a month (any day of your choice)
● Serve on at least (1) one special committee or sub-committee.
The VP of human resources is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of [Company Name], the ethical and social consciences of business and society, and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The incumbent will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
- Coordinates the activities, programs and strategic HR plans of other HR departments throughout the corporation.
- Maintains knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understands the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinates the integration of all such programs.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
- Manages other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issue of the organization.
- Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
This position manages all HR related functions and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees.
This job operates in a professional virtual office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Hours are flexible.
This position requires up to 25% travel. Some of the travel is international.
Required Education and Experience
- Masters' degree or equivalent in related; or 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SHRM-SCP certification preferred not required.
- Non-profit Experience a Plus
- Political strategy a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice by the board or the CEO.