12 Eliot Street
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that is changing the narrative surrounding disability both for blind and sighted youth. We create integrated, supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these integrated spaces, they are able to break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change in society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is currently seeking a volunteer to help re-vamp ETI’s website and manage ETI Web Content. The Website Editor will report directly to ETI’s Communications Manager.
- Add pictures, articles, and other content to website as needed
- Provide high-level overview of the website's effectiveness; suggest changes to website to Communications Director
- Keep website news updated
- Request updates from key ETI staff weekly to ensure the website is as current as possible
- Assist with website overhaul in Summer/Fall 2018
- Passion for social justice and disabilities rights issues
- Background or degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, English or other related field
- Familiarity and experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Familiarity and experience with publishing tools such as Squarespace and MailChimp
- Basic knowledge of design software such as InDesign and Photoshop
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Comfortable working as part of a team