A few hours per week
About the Organization
AYANA International (www.ayanainternational.org) is a youth-led, California-based nonprofit dedicated to empowering youth in the developing world to harness their potential as changemakers by identifying and solving problems in their communities. We're empowering the next generation of social innovators in developing countries through innovative programs designed to stimulate empathy and problem-solving skills.
The AYANA Youth Innovation Incubator Program is a 5-hour-long research, innovation, idea development, and presentation curriculum that allows youth to identify problems in their communities and come up with solutions. We have reached 300 young people through our Youth Innovation Lab programs in 6 cities in Africa -- the projects designed by youth which we have funded have reached thousands of individuals.
About this Position
AYANA is looking for a passionate, driven social media manager(s) to look after our social media channels. We are looking for someone who has experience in executing social media (paid ads and organic engagement), including designing graphics and branding social media feeds, particularly on Instagram. You will be a part of out marketing team with goals to improve donations, engagement, and awareness of AYANA’s work and mission. This is a position we urgently need to fill. If you are able to commit 1-5 hours per week of your time, please send us a note with your interest!
- Collect, track, and analyze key social media marketing analytics.
- Develop a social media strategy for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Work to develop social media-based fundraising campaigns for youth-led projects in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Africa, and Cameroon.
- Grow awareness of all of AYANA’s Youth Innovation Lab programs through our partnering organizations, updates of our funding youth-led projects, team-member features, student features, and more.
- Develop paid marketing campaigns to increase donor engagement.
- Design and write engaging content, including photos, graphics, and text captions for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Create ads, build audiences, and set ad budgets for paid social media advertising.
- International Volunteers