VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistant) Volunteers Needed for Tax Season! No Experience Needed!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Wright County Community Action, Inc.
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
130 Division Street West
Get IRS certified for FREE through the WCCA VITA program! We will provide you with all the training necessary to help file free taxes for clients.
Must be detail oriented, dependable, and eager to learn!
We have the following opportunities available during tax season:
- No experience necessary! We will provide training!
- Tax Reviewer
- Tax Preparer
- These roles would require no more than 8 hours per week (we will work with your schedule!)
- Daytime and evening shifts available (PM shifts @Monticello Workforce Center)
- IRS Certification and training is provided
- VITA Admin Asst: answer phones and make appts; direct walk in clients
- VITA Client Intake: assist with walk-ins; reviewing what items are needed to file taxes
- VITA Site Coordinator: responsible for both intake, scheduling and the phone line we use for tax clients only
- All the above roles are less hands on with the tax prep and filing aspect of VITA, but are a crucial piece to the program as they keep things on task and coordinated for the VITA volunteers
If you have interest in any of the above roles, please indicate which role you would prefer in your interest form and make sure to keep January 18th (2-6PM) open for training for all VITA volunteers! Training will take place at the Monticello Workforce Center.