Better Ground Ambassador - King County, WA
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by King Conservation District
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
King Conservation District
1107 SW Grady Way
Do you enjoy talking with people? Are you interested in environmental topics? Would you have fun going to events like the Northwest Flower & Garden Show or local Farmers Markets?
Help the King Conservation District spread the word about our programs and services by volunteering as a Better Ground Ambassador.
Gain valuable outreach experience and increase your awareness of environmental topics, while spreading the message about KCD programs and services at exciting events.
- Represent KCD at events including the Northwest Flower & Garden Festival, CHOMP!, King County Farmers Markets, Vashon Sheepdog Classic, KCD Native Bareroot Plant Sale, and more!
- Package and prepare materials for upcoming KCD events, including making copies, editing materials, setting up “mock” table layout, and staging materials for pick-up.
- Optional - take photos/videos at KCD events
- Free admission to the NW Flower & Garden Festival, King County Fair, CHOMP, Vashon Sheepdog Classic, and many other events!
- Earn free KCD gear (based on hours volunteered annually).
- Network with environmental professionals from a variety of areas.
- Experience interacting with groups/individuals in an outreach capacity.
- Experience designing and setting up table displays with outreach materials.
- Receive recognition at KCD Annual Volunteer Awards BBQ.
- Willingness to learn about KCD programs and services.
- Comfortable talking to people from a wide range of groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to stand at a table or sit in a folding chair for 3-4 hour events.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. to set up and tear down outreach table and materials.
- Ability to commit to volunteering at a minimum of 3 events per year.
- Volunteers are requested to attend at least 3 events per year.
- Possible events:
- Northwest Flower & Garden Festival
- Vashon Sheepdog Classic
- Farmers Markets
- KCD Native Bareroot Plant Sale
- and more!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-282-1955
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Information Session: Thursday, June 7th from 6-7pm, register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/better-ground-ambassadors-orientation-tickets-46028308911