A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
5348 University Ave
The central lab for early employment opportunities, volunteers serve a minimum of 6 hours per week (2 shifts). No employment experience necessary, but resume building knowledge and language capacity a plus.
Location: City Heights or El Cajon
Dates Needed/Minimum Commitment:
- Minimum 3 month commitment, at least 6 hours per week (2 shifts)
Times Needed: (subject to change)
- Mondays - Fridays, 8:30am-1pm or 1pm-5pm
- Provide one-on-one job search assistance to IRC clients
- Work with IRC clients to maintain up-to-date resumes and cover letters as needed, both of which require extensive drafting and editing skills.
- Assist clients as they navigate the job market in San Diego by explaining the fundamentals of working in the U.S.
- Identify potential job leads and guide clients throughout the process from submitting applications to their interview.
- Provide assistance with administrative or research tasks as needed.
- Preference to those with work experience within the United States and the ability to explain the job search process.
- Proficient in the use of computers and relevant programs such as Microsoft Office, Chrome, etc.
- Skilled at writing and editing resumes, cover letters, and searching career websites.
- Personable with language skills other than English is a plus.
- Attend a general IRC Orientation (1 hour)
- Additional one on one staff training
- Occasional volunteer meetings
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Please go to our website to apply: https://www.rescue.org/volunteer-opportunities/san-diego-ca