A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
The Event Manager is responsible for oversight of YAP’s events from conception to completion, ensuring that all events are successful, cost-effective, and align with the organization’s goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, highly organized, with outstanding communications, negotiation, and customer service skills.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of YAP DC programs, in line with the organizational standards and goals.
- Create a detailed workflow to successfully complete the program.
- Management and oversight of all event details including but not limited to the venue, catering, invitee lists, equipment and promotional material
- Promote the event on various media and communication channels, in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Identify the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to successfully implement the program. Source and negotiate with vendors and partners.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Recruit and manage volunteers as needed.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Vice President of Operations to ensure the quality of the work completed meets organizational standards.
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
- Proven experience as an event manager
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Customer-service oriented
- A team player with leadership skills
- Experience with negotiating contracts.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.