A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
My Dog is My Home is seeking an Events Manager to join our 100% volunteer staff. The Events Manager will develop concepts and work plans for My Dog Is My Home’s special events (both in-person and online) that may have goals including fundraising, service delivery, and outreach. In collaboration with the My Dog is My Home’s Executive Director, Communications Coordinator and other leadership, the volunteer’s duties will include researching existing animal welfare and social service groups which may be good partners; identifying tabling opportunities; developing an event budget; scouting locations; creating a work plan; and managing other volunteers in order to run a successful event.
This position is great for someone who has a passion for social justice; loves creative problem solving; and cares about animal welfare, social issues related to people, and the human-animal bond. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in a long-term (at least one year) commitment with My Dog is My Home and can contribute about 5-10 hours per week.
Take on a wide array of projects based on your interests and abilities and MDIMH’s needs. Sample events include -
- The annual fall 5k fundraiser - the Tofurky Trot (New York City)
- Giving Tuesday (Online)
- The annual spring fundraiser - Auction for Access (Los Angeles)
- Pop-up art exhibitions
- Community service fairs that deliver free veterinary care to animals accompanying people experiencing homelessness
- Additional small fundraising events and opportunities identified throughout the position
- Managing online portal for MDIMH inventory
- Identifying tabling events and opportunities for MDIMH to represent
- Arranging and supporting Executive Director in conference attendance
- Ability to work with others
- Compassion, empathy, and dedication to social justice
- Experience or interest in animal welfare
- A great sense of humor!
- Love of continuous learning
- Clear and timely communication skills
Preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in working with people experiencing homelessness
- Familiarity with homeless service systems
- Experience working with animals or animal welfare organizations
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send your resume to Richard Encarnacion, HR and Volunteer Manager, with a statement of interest in the body of the email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People of color, women, individuals who have experienced homelessness, formerly incarcerated people, LGBTQ individuals, and progressive visionaries are encouraged to apply.
Our Hiring Process & Timeline
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews immediately. Your phone interview may be followed by an in-person one-hour interview.
- If you are invited for an interview, we will ask for examples of your work relevant to this position, e.g. a campaign you created, a writing sample, or other relevant materials.
We would like to have the selected candidate start as soon as possible.