4-H FIRST Lego League (FLL) Tournament Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by University of Idaho 4-H Extension
University of Idaho Extension
5880 North Glenwood Street
Come be a part of a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) event! This is an exciting, high-energy all-day event where you’ll learn about robotics, meet new people and have fun!
This position covers a variety of the following:
- Be a judge and discover from youth how they designed and engineered their EV3 or NXTY robot.
- Listen to youth explain their research project then evaluate their understanding of the subject.
- Referee robot matches and keep track of points scored by teams with their autonomous robots.
Time commitment will vary. The FLL tournament is usually held on a Saturday in either November or December. Please plan for an all-day event.
Primarily Ada County although travel within the county may be necessary. Some tasks may be done from home.
- Carry out the goals of the 4-H Youth Development and University of Idaho Extension programs.
- Provide time, support and assistance to the FIRST Lego League tournament.
Work under the supervision of county 4-H professionals or certified volunteers, maintaining frequent communication and accepting guidance. You may hold one of the following roles:
- Field re-setter
- Field manager
- Judge (project, core values, robot design); short training required prior to tournament
- Practice table assistant
- Pit manager
- Pit runner
- Game queuer
- Judging queuer
- Referee; short training required prior to tournament
- Ability and willingness to complete background screening requirements for FIRST.
- Ability to organize information and materials.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Must have good communication and people relation skills.
- Sincere interest in working with the University of Idaho Extension staff and fellow volunteers in an educational setting.
- Make a difference in the lives of youth.
- Further develop personal organization, leadership, time management, and communication skills.
- Satisfaction of helping to build the 4-H Lego Robotics program.
University of Idaho Extension, Ada County 5880 N Glenwood Street
Boise, ID 83714
How To Apply
Please go to website and fill out the interest form or email Kristi Mire at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest. You may also contact our office directly at 208-287-5900. Thank you and we hope to hear from you.
The University of Idaho is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and educational organization. We offer our programs to persons regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication program information or reasonable accommodations needs to contact Ada County Extension two weeks before the class at 5880 Glenwood St., Boise, ID, 208-287-5900, email@example.com.