International Volunteers for Cycling Website (Bikewithme).
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Bikewithme
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Bikewithme: cycling together for a better world.
Between 1940s and the late 1950s the bicycle was omnipresent but thereafter cycling was superseded by motoring. Would you like to help us to reverse this trend?
We are a NPO-organization from Zurich (Switzerland) managing www.bikewm.com, a website for organising bicycle rides and meet new cycling friends around the world.
We believe that:
- Bicycling positively impacts the world due to its benefits in terms of health and sustainability.
- A barrier many people face to get on a bicycle is to find other cyclists.
- Cycling enables you to explore new places, to socialize, to be fit and to have fun.
- Linking up with other cyclists is a key factor that enables to transcend cultural and political borders.
Bikewithme is available in five languages (English, German, Spanish, French and Italian). Behind the website is a non-profit association and the work of many enthusiastic volunteers. The website has been self-produced and financially supported with donations.
We are looking for human, technical and financial support to expand our website all around the world. Contact us if you would like to help us:
- Translating our website to make it more accessible in other countries.
- Online marketing
- Organizing bicycle rides
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers