Volunteer for 60's Themed Run/Walk to Benefit Adults with Disabilities!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Anthesis
L.A. County Fairplex
1101 West McKinley Avenue
Anthesis (formerly PVW) is hosting our 7th Annual Run/Walk event to benefit adults with disabilities at the Fairplex located in the city of Pomona on Saturday June 9th, 2018. Anthesis is a nonprofit organization located in the city of Montclair and we provide programs and services to adults with intellectual disabilities. This event is hosted every year to show the community who we are and to continue supporting the programs we provide!
We are looking for individuals that are willing to share their time and talents to help us continue our tradition of making this event a huge success! Volunteer opportunities for our Run/Walk are as follows:
- Course Monitors - ensuring that event participants don't stray away from the designated course path
- Water Station Attendants - handing out water for participants that ask for it
- Walk Buddies - cheer leading the participants, assisting those that are struggling to get to the finish line
- Time Keepers - assisting with tracking and logging time for participants
- Set Up and Clean Up - can help with either one or both
- Finish Line Greeters - handing out medals to participants at the finish line
- Photographers - take pictures throughout the event
- Booth Attendants - assist with setting up and monitoring booths including T-shirts, Bibs, Games, etc.
- And other opportunities as the needs arise.
Shifts can be as short as 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM or as long as 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM depending on how much availability each volunteer has. We are flexible! All volunteers will receive a free pancake breakfast, complimentary snacks and beverages as a thank you for helping on the day of the event. If you are looking to make a difference in your community, please don't hesitate to take on this wonderful and rewarding experience!
Contact Sebastian Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 624-3555 Ext. 268 to confirm that you will be lending us a helping hand. Names will be put on a volunteer confirmation list when I am contacted directly. Thank you!
How To Apply
As mentioned above, if you are interested in giving of your time and talents to support a worthwhile cause that will continue to provide support for individuals with disabilities, please email email@example.com or call (909) 624-3555 Ext. 268 to express interest. Thank you.