The volunteers will support the work of a local organization that was founded in 2015. Its major objective is reaching out to community members and empowering the youth and marginalized community through provision of basic needs like education, health care, HIV/AIDS campaign awareness and offering vocational training to the youth living around the community.
The organization manages a Primary School operating from grade one to eight. The school enrolls children who come from the surrounding local communities and are from poor background. The institution also has a feeding program where the students can get their meals in order to focus on their education. It also has a vocational training centre that is used to train youths. It offers tailoring and carpentry, which aids them to acquire skills which will help them to better their lives and thus to become better persons in the community.
Additionally, there is a dispensary where the local community members get access to health care. They also have a Voluntary Counseling Centre where they do counseling and testing for HIV, thus increasing the awareness of the youth and the community about the disease and teaching them to beware of the pandemic disease.
• Farm work (including weeding, digging and planting of maize, beans and vegetables)
• Sensitization on HIV/AIDS
• Cultural exchange in the school (e.g. through organization of debates with students)
• Assisting with minor support works in the hospital
• Teaching Mathematics, English, Science, Social Studies
• Engaging in sports activities and playing with the children
Project dates: August 16 - September 4, 2018
Find out more about this and other volunteer opportunities in Kenya at: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-kenya
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
CLICK HERE to sign up and learn more!