A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you a planner at heart? A fan of architecture and bringing people together in physical spaces? An advocate for social change and inclusive design? Then you’re who we’re looking for. Volunteer with OACLA to manage events that bring people together. We typically host bi-monthly (every other month) happy-hours and get togethers of volunteers, one yearly fundraising event, and two topical educational events/panels a year. Looking for someone who can do the ground work to make these events happen (finding spaces, coordinate special guests, promotion, etc). We spend a lot of time doing work, and you’ll be helping to bring together to celebrate that work.
- Coordinating, negotiating and budgeting all events, except project related events
- Working with Director of Marketing to promote events and participation
- Working with Director of Projects to assist in project related event coordination
- AA degree or equivalent experience; BA preferred
- Past experience as a volunteer preferred
- Familiarity with Slack, Google Docs a bonus
- Conscientious self-starter able to co-ordinate projects with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and/or enthusiasm for architecture and design
- Enthusiasm for working in the social impact space
- Enthusiasm for working with communities
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use: [Event Coordinator Volunteer Application] in email subject line.