· Seeking qualified applicants with a passion for eliminating poverty and expanding resources within the urban environment! The Baltimore City Department of Public Works in collaboration with the AmeriCorps VISTA Program are searching for candidates to occupy the Grants & Program Coordinator VISTA position at the Office of Equity and Civil Rights beginning in late Fall of 2020.
· The Grants & Program Coordinator VISTA for OECR will assist the office in reaching out to the community and disadvantaged populations to educate them on the resources OECR offers, helping them to better understand their rights as employees, community members, residents etc. and how to file misconduct complaints. The VISTA will be heavily involved in Grants to identify, track, and write proposals to secure external funding resources ideally to support workshops and trainings for community members. Towards the end of the project, VISTAs will conduct an assessment of workshops for future revisions and improvements.
· Desired Skills and Qualifications: Will need a high school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience working with city, local, or nonprofit environments; experience in grant writing and has excellent research skills; verbal and written communication skills, exceptional organizational skills. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and database management.
· Note that this is a volunteer position for the job site. VISTA members are essentially federal employees. The opportunity does provide job experience in the relevant fields at the job site and also comes with a bi-weekly stipend. The total amount of the stipend is $15,312 for a full year of service. Other benefits of the position include health care coverage, a choice of an additional cash stipend of $1,800 or the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award valued at $6,195 which can be used towards student loans or other educational expenses such as tuition, books, etc. Members will also receive non-competitive eligibility after completing a year of service, allowing them to be hired by a federal agency without competing with the general public so long as they meet minimal qualifications. More information about benefits are posted on the AmeriCorps website.
· To apply, you must register to create an account at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do and fill out the necessary information. Once completed, search Baltimore City Department of Public Works on listings and click on OECR Grants/Program Coordinator to apply and be eligible for an interview. We will reach out to applicants between now and once the deadline of 10/5/2020 is reached.
· Work will be full-time (Monday- Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm) and will be temporarily remote due to COVID-19. DPW will provide selected candidates with a city email and laptop.
· *Applicants must be 18 years or older, have at least a high school diploma or equivalent, must be able to pass a criminal history check, and be either a U.S. Citizen; US National, US Lawful Resident (Green Card Status), or persons legally residing within a state.
· Seeking qualified applicants with a passion for eliminating poverty and expanding resources within the urban environment! The Baltimore City Department of Public Works in collaboration with the AmeriCorps VISTA Program are…
To be eligible, candidates must submit applications through the MyAmeriCorps portal and identify the correct opportunity listing. Please email if you are experiencing issues. Applicant resumes and past references are required.
To be eligible, candidates must submit applications through the MyAmeriCorps portal and identify the correct opportunity listing. Please email if you are experiencing issues…