Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Plot 644, Nsereko Gregory Road
A counselor provides emotional, mental, and professional support to students, and guides them through steps to promote their positive behavior.
Activities are likely to include some or all of the following:
- Assist in developing, delivering, evaluating and revising the school counseling program.
- Assist students in the areas of academic, social, behavioral, and emotional development as well in career awareness.
- Provide individual and small group counseling in a variety of settings.
- Consult and collaborate with teachers, staff and parents in understanding and meeting the needs of students in the school setting.
- Provide in-service training and make presentations to staff
- Make appropriate referrals of students and parents to outside agencies.
- Participate in activities that contribute to the effective operation of the school.
- Monitor and advice students of their progress and provide on-going communication with parents
- In collaboration with teachers, parents, and staff, prepare students for transition to the next levels.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers