Short-Term (few weeks/months)
School renovation and organizing activities for children in West Unguja, Zanzibar.
Some studies have proved that children spend more time in school than at home. The physical environment of school buildings and school grounds is therefore a key factor in the overall health and safety of children. School buildings and grounds are expected to be designed and maintained to be free of health and safety hazards, and to promote learning. Friendly environment for children will increase their performance hence contribute to their future. This project is designed to contribute for the improvement of learning facilities at the school where kids spend most of their time for better performance in academic and other life aspects.
Volunteers will be engaged in the following activities:
• Renovation and painting of school classrooms
• Drawing symbols that simplify reading and learning for younger kids
• Establishment of garbage disposal sites including trash bins in the classrooms and providing education on how to separate and dispose of garbage.
• Organizing extra-curricular activities for the kids and teenagers (7-17 years old) after school hours. This could be sports, games, English language, arts, crafts, remedial classes mostly for mathematics subject etc. (depending on volunteers’ interest and skills).
Special requirements: Volunteers should be comfortable working outdoors and getting messy, willing to share leadership roles, and having a sense of adventure. Volunteers are expected also to be open minded, flexible and ready to work with minimal supervision.
Leisure activities: Exploring Zanzibar's historical, natural and cultural sites. These include museums, local markets, stone town, etc. Enjoying wildlife and marine life. Jozani forest National Park, Blue safaris swimming, tour to small islands, variety of water sports, spice tour among many other options.
- October 5 - October 19, 2018
- October 20 - November 2, 2018
For more information and enrollment, please go to: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-tanzania
CADIP International Volunteer Program: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please visit: www.cadip.org for more information.
Call in USA: 646-657-2900; 617-841-0400; 310-882-7400
Call in Canada: 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500; 604-628-7400