3-Week Evaluation Practicum
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Andean Alliance for Sustainable Development
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Calle Ucayali 417
The AASD is recruiting a team of students to help us design and pilot an evaluation of family greenhouse projects in the Sacred Valley, Peru. The AASD is interested in carrying out a thorough evaluation of the projects in order to develop best practices and adapt future projects to realities on the ground. During the three-week January-term, Students will be:
- Exploring the relationship between agriculture technologies and Andean farming culture
- Designing an evaluation
- Field testing data collection methods
- Delivering a detailed evaluation project to the AASD to be carried out in Spring and Summer of 2019
Students can expect to work in teams and in close collaboration with AASD staff to design and field test the evaluation. No prior experience in evaluation or assessment is required, as training will be provided. Students will learn and implement various research techniques, including surveys, interviews, and other methodologies. Students will be based in the town of Calca, Peru and traveling to remote communities throughout the highlands, so some rustic conditions can be expected.
Program Dates: January 7-25
Program Fee: $2,600
The AASD is looking for students from different universities around the United States, who possess the following characteristics:
- An interest in learning about the realities and challenges of working in development as part of a small NGO
- Program participants are considered part of the AASD, therefore we look for students with the ability to work independently and think critically to help us move the program forward
- Flexibility, as the situation on the ground can change and require frequent adaptation and potential shifts in focus
- Conversational Spanish language ability
Fee includes lodging with a home stay, meals Monday-Friday, program related transportation, training and program facilitation. Fee does not include flights or independent travel (such as Machu Picchu).
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Interested students should submit a resume (cover letter optional), and a statement of purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who are a good fit for the program will be contacted to schedule an interview. We will do our best to respond within one week of your submission.
Priority deadline: Oct. 22, 2018
Final deadline: Dec. 1, 2018
Guidelines for Statement of Purpose:
Your one-page statement of purpose should address the following points:
- What are you hoping to get out of the AASD Evaluation Practicum?
- How will your participation in the AASD Evaluation Practicum support your professional goals?
Thank you for your interest in the AASD Evaluation Practicum- we look forward to hearing from you!