Bilingual- Friendly Visitor for Hospice Patients
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Heartland Hospice Santa Clara
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2005 de la Cruz Blvd.
Volunteers are the heart of our hospice team. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the extra love and care our patients and their families need at this time in their life.
As a volunteer, your talents can be utilized in the following way(s):
- Friendly visitors offer on-site companionship or respite care to our patients.
- The Vigil volunteer is called to provide companionship and presence to patients and families during this time. When families or friends are unavailable, Vigil Volunteers are ready to offer support to the patient.
- The Office volunteer performs services in the office setting by providing assistance in filing, collating, computer work and or production of agency mailings and more.
- Special Project volunteer – Do you have a special gift such as quilting, knitting, decorating or more? We need your help!
- Certified Pet Therapy and Music Therapists are encouraged to apply.
As a Heartland Hospice volunteer, you can donate as much or as little of your time as you desire
As a volunteer, you will love the sense of self-satisfaction you will receive from enriching our patients and families lives.
Free training sessions are available for all volunteers.
Minimum age is 18.
Looking for volunteers who speak Spanish,Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog and other languages.
What is Hospice?
Hospice is a special kind of care designed to provide comfort as well as spiritual and emotional support for people in the final phase of a terminal illness. Heartland Hospice's program utilizes a team approach to meet the physical, social and spiritual needs of our patients and their families.
Please contact Teri Brown, Volunteer Coordinator, at 408-450-7850 or via email Teri.Brown@hcr-manorcare.com.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
For more information, please contact Teri Brown, Volunteer Coordinator, at 408-450-7850 or via email Teri.Brown@hcr-manorcare.com.