Cambridge Lakes Charter School
900 Wester Boulevard
Imagine what public school could be. You can make it happen.
Charter public schools offer the opportunity for educators and community leaders to break the mold and re-imagine school to provide public school options that effectively serve children's diverse learning styles, strengths, and needs.
Join us for the free Spring Charter Startup Workshop to explore how you can bring change to education in your community through the creation of a charter public school. In this interactive workshop, we will:
- Share examples of innovative Illinois charter schools,
- Help you clarify your vision and mission and identify desired outcomes for your future charter school
- Walk you through the charter design and authorization process, and
- Provide information on funding for charter startup - including the $21 million federal charter startup grant administered by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
Participants will receive a hard copy of Paving a New Path: A Guidebook for Illinois Charter Public School Development while supplies last.
9:30-9:45 AM - Networking and Refreshments
9:45 AM-12:00 PM - Charter Startup Workshop
- What are Charter Public Schools?
- Examples of Innovation: Profiles of Innovative Illinois Charter Schools
- Creating Impact: Beginning with Outcomes in Mind
- Step by Step: Charter Design and Authorization Roadmap
- How Do We Fund It? Startup Grants from Illinois State Board of Education and Other Startup Funding Options
12:00-12:30 PM - Optional Tour of Cambridge Lakes Charter School
Cambridge Lakes Charter School opened in 2007 on a 15-acre campus, about an hour northwest of Chicago, and currently serves 484 students in its K-8 charter school and Blended e-Learning Academy high school program. It emphasizes providing high-achievement learning by working with students, parents, and teachers to create individualized Personal Learning Plans for every student.
Attire: Casual or Business Casual (whichever is more comfortable for you).
Questions? Please contact Anne at email@example.com.