A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
America Needs You fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first generation college students. We do this by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. Our flagship Fellows Program is a two-year, intensive mentoring and professional training program where first-generation students ("Fellows") are paired with young professional volunteers. We operate in California, Illinois, New Jersey and New York.
Mentor Coach Volunteers develop a one-on-one mentoring relationship with a low-income, first-generation college student (Fellow), working with them at professional development workshops to cultivate their strengths, interests, and passions into successful careers in business, STEM, and healthcare. Mentor Coaches prepare students for selective internships through a structured career development curriculum.
Time commitment: Monthly in the summer and quarterly in the fall and spring
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Develop a one-on-one mentoring relationship with your Fellow and help them achieve their career ambitions
- Build your own personal network as you work closely with highly accomplished professionals from a variety of industries
- Gain access to exclusive professional development and social events
- Serve as a role model and resource for your class of Mentor Coach/Fellow pairs
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
- Finalist Interviews: May and June
- Notification of Acceptance: Early June
- Program Begins: June
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.