Free Housing for Experienced Construction and Landscaping Volunteer in a Tropical Surf Town in Brazil
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by ETIV do Brasil
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Rua Massaranduba, No. 26
Bairro Passagem, CEP 45530-000
We are looking for experienced construction volunteers that will be able to work independently and with the support of other volunteers to help us re-build and fix up the volunteer house and gardens, as well as the new community learning space we recently built. Currently, we would like to build a simple outdoor toilet (we already have an outdoor sink and shower), redo the staircase going up to the 3rd floor of the volunteer house, and make many small fixes to areas that could use repairs, renovations or fresh paint.
- Build simple outdoor bathroom
- Redo the stairs to the 3rd floor
- Make any necessary renovations
- Help fix things that break in the house and learning space
- Paint the new community learning space
- Take care of the yard, garden and compost
- Volunteers must work at least 20 hours per week
- Basic Portuguese recommended
- Minimum 1 month time commitment
- Experience in building and construction
- Experience in painting, cement, plumbing, and electric work is also highly desireable
ETIV do Brasil is located in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacare, Bahia. Our mission is to connect international volunteers with local communities to support environmental conservation and development in Brazil.
Most interns can receive university credit while interning with our NGO and some are even able to receive a University stipend or grant to help cover their expenses. We can offer ongoing support and supervision and can help organize taxi pickups, local accommodations and even Capoeira or Portuguese classes. All volunteers and interns will also receive our Pre-Departure Powerpoint, and Introduction to the NGO, a tour of Itacare and life insurance during their internship at the NGO.
These positions are perfect for someone seeking meaningful volunteer or internship experience in a stunning location with a thriving Afro-Brazilian culture. Itacare is unique place where the Rainforest meets the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful beaches, jungle, coconut trees, waterfalls and wildlife abound.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers