Adventurous doctor for rural clinic in Guatemala
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Health&Help Medical Clinic
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
A non-profit organization Health&Help is looking for Medical Professionals, such as physicians (OBGYNs, infectious disease specialists, pediatricians), midwives, nurses, to volunteer at the village Chuinajtajuyup, Totonicapan area (Guatemala).
Health&Help is a non-profit clinic that provides basic medical services in the fields of pediatrics, preventive care, health education, and obstetrics and gynecology. We prescribe and distribute medications, perform minor surgeries under local anesthesia, consult pregnant women and deliver babies, supervise several medical programs on child malnutrition, birth control, type I diabetes and pregnancy care, as well as give educational lectures on hygiene and healthy diet.
Our clinic operates using the first aid station model, providing medical care to over 20,000 people. Our operation hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm, and Saturday, 8 am to 12 am. ER is open 24/7.
You will be expected to see patients in the clinic on a daily basis, working along with volunteers, and handle paperwork. You should be comfortable making medical decisions and dealing with cases of different levels of complexity.
A desired candidate is:
- Expected to stay 3-6 months to a year;
- Always ready to help and skilled in his/her own field;
- Attentive to details and goal-oriented;
- A team player, who respects other members of the multiprofessional team;
- A trained professional, who speaks Spanish (B2) and/or English/Russian.
The responsibilities include:
- Examining patients on site and in the field;
- Distributing medications and purchasing medical supplies;
- Keeping up with the documentation.
- Shared accommodations and three meals a day free of charge;
- A letter of recommendation upon request;
- A friendly team of professionals;
- An opportunity to develop your skills and discover more about yourself and other people and cultures;
- Endless love and gratitude from the locals, fellow volunteers and all over the world;
- A 6-8 hours working day, 6 days a week.
To apply for this position, please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit: https://he-he.org/en/volunteer
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers