A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
5225 Pooks Hill Rd, Suite 1701N
Bethesda, MD 20814
Contribute to your community while using your professional expertise, and work with talented peers in a rewarding, non-profit environment! The Rare Genomics Institute (RG) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure.
- Pays employees by calculating pay and deductions
- Issues checks
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Desired skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s required in related field
- 3+ years professional experience
- 5-10 hour / week commitment (required)
- Work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment
- Skills: Analyzing Information , Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Organization
- International Volunteers