A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1044 18th St NE
In addition to homework assistance, volunteers with the Neighborhood House Youth Tutoring program will support staff in delivering a variety of academic skills building activities. By hanging out with, and building relationships with the students, volunteers will also have an opportunity to provide mentorship to students aged K-12th grade.
Volunteer shifts are scheduled Monday through Thursday, 3:00-7:00 PM. Volunteers should be available to make a consistent, weekly commitment to this program. Volunteer shifts can be from 1-4 hours long, depending on individual availability.
- Ability to interact with youth in a patient and respectful manner
- A desire to build relationships with youth
- An interest in education is a plus
- Energetic and flexible
- Ability to make a reliable weekly commitment
- Knowledgeable in school subjects such as math, English, social studies, etc.