Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
San Francisco de la Paz
We are seeking teachers to work at our bilingual school in San Francisco de la Paz, Olancho, Honduras, for the next months (February - November 2019).
Teachers are responsible for planning, teaching, and evaluating classes (largely within the primary grades). In addition to English language classes, other subjects conducted in English include: Science, Art, Grammar, Spelling and Reading.
- Native / Fluent English Speaker
- Bachelor's Degree
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to new situations
- Independence, punctuality, and reliability
- Experience working with children in an educational setting (Teaching degree not required)
- Experience living or working abroad
- Spanish is not required as classes are conducted in English, but it certainly helps within the community.
- Monthly stipend of 6,300 Lempiras (current currency rates are 23 L : 1 USD)
- Housing with the other English teachers (single bedrooms with private bathroom)
- Transportation between school and home
- Opportunity to experience a new community and culture
Although prior teaching and international experience are valuable traits, we are certainly looking for caring, resilient, and creative individuals to contribute to our school.
For more information or if you have any questions about the position, please contact us!
- Stipend Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers