Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
181B Namuwongo Road, Kampala
P.O Box 11319
Uganda Hands for Hope does NOT charge volunteers to come and work with us.
So you are thinking of Volunteering?
You want to:- volunteer, to make a difference, to learn about a new culture, to meet and to get to know the people, to assist the poorest of the poor and make a long term difference, to travel and see and experience the real Ugandan daily life, and you do not have a big budget? Then Uganda Hands for Hope is for you.
We offer volunteers a variety of different opportunities, with the chance to work with an active grass root organisation on the front line of development. Whatever your skill or experience we will ensure you can use them and make a difference. We at Uganda Hands for Hope, believe everyone can make a difference as a volunteer. We encourage everyone to come, get involved, see and meet the people we support, and then to be part of the support and change for people living in extreme poverty. We have a variety of specific volunteering opportunities available, however we are always interested to hear from people with different skills and abilities and matching them with the needs of the community and our work as Uganda Hands for Hope.
Why Uganda Hands for Hope? Uganda Hands for Hope offers a unique opportunity to volunteers who want to get involved and put their experience and skills to great use with a grass root organisation. Volunteers gain a vast insight into a variety of different aspects of the local Ugandan culture as well as different development issues. They have the opportunity to do real work, making a difference to the lives of the children and families which they interact with, and contributing to the support that we as a grass root organisation make towards the needs of the poorest of the poor.
Uganda Hands for Hope runs a series of different programmes aimed at supporting children and families through education, health and livelihoods. We have mainly focused our support on the helping the people living in urban slums.
Examples of how volunteers can help:
- Be a class room assistant in nursery/ primary or secondary school, > Or to be a teacher in primary and secondary classes (for qualified teachers)
- Support/ teach teenagers who have dropped out of school
- Teach different skills such as tailoring, pottery, jewelry and craft making etc
- Support out children with disabilities programme by, for example, helping out with our daily special needs class.
- Help us to redesign and develop our online presence.
- Organise activities such as drama, sports, swimming, music and dance
- Provide marketing and fundraising advice and support, both locally and internationally to enable more children to be supported with an education
- Assist with writing grant applications and funding proposals, to be achieved through gaining a thorough understanding of the work currently being done and the needs on the ground
- Provide administration and management support
- Provide specialist support and training in organisational development and accountancy, or others fields that can be discussed prior to a volunteer placement
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send us an email explaining your areas of interest and your preferred dates to travel. We will then send you an information pack, and an application form. Once we receive a completed application, you will be informed within 7days of receipt as to whether you have been accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information: Join our facebook group ‘Uganda Hands for Hope’ or visit our website at www.onlinehope.org