Digital Content Director (Social Media Management and Digital Communication)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by African Diaspora United for Development
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
ADUD is a non-partisan, non-profit organization created to ultimately empower African diaspora communities worldwide, by engaging and partnering with individuals, businesses, agencies, and institutions in a collaborative effort to heavily contribute to the educational and social development of Africa and to build a stronger community.
The vision of ADUD is to improve the partnership opportunities for our African diaspora communities, so that together we can stand strong to address the social and educational issues and lacks in Africa. ADUD staff and trained volunteers will educate, connect people to resources and encourage community collaboration addressing subtopics including but not limited to health, youth, families, welfare and community development. Our programs are developed in direct response to community need.
This is a remote position. Although in-person meetings may occur if necessary. Work hours are flexible and perfect for college students seeking professional experience.
- Must have experience creating press releases and newsletters.
- Manage social media accounts.
- Increase following on social media platforms.
- Contribute 1-2 blog articles per week.
- Must be available for telephone and occasional google hangout meetings.
Must possess a passion for human service and Philanthropy
- Must possess a passion for human service and Philanthropy
- Should have Marketing experience, Communications, PR or strong desire for the field
- Fluent with all social media
- Must be creative
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week.
How To Apply: Applicants can email a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and links to online work samples. candidates are hired on a rolling basis. Interviews are conducted via telephone and Google Hangouts.
Deadline: Rolling Admission
Salary: $0.00 /year