Player 2: Volunteer with Gamers Outreach at Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Gamers Outreach
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children
If you’re near Huntsville, Alabama and have been looking for an opportunity to get involved with our efforts, Player 2 is a great way to get started!
As a volunteer, you’ll be required to commit at least 100 total hours to visiting with patients.
All volunteers will ultimately need to pass the hospital’s qualification process, which requires an in-person interview, background check, immunization shots, and general training to interact with patients. Once through, your role will largely revolve around three primary responsibilities:
- Distributing games to patients throughout the hospital.
- Providing minor tech support for issues that may arise with equipment.
- Playing games with the kids!
Still with us? Great! Here’s what you need to do to get involved:
- Step 1: fill out our volunteer application: https://goo.gl/R6itPi
- Step 2: if you meet our criteria for the program, a representative from Gamers Outreach will get in touch within 1 to 3 business days to let you know you’re eligible for participation! In the event we receive too many applications, or your application doesn’t meet our current expectations, we’ll invite you to apply again at a future time.
- Step 3: if you’re interested in making the commitment, a representative from Gamers Outreach / Huntville Hospital for Women and Children will be in touch to get you started!