A few hours per week
Defend Our Future Summer Volunteers will play a lead role turning out students and millenials to vote in the 2018 midterm election. They will work as a student-led volunteer program that educates and motivates fellow young people to be leaders in the climate movement. Volunteers will expand the presence of the organization through quality face-to-face conversations, classroom visits, group engagement, and build a movement prepared to take consistent and effective action. In addition, the volunteers will help with planning and holding educational events about the climate threat, what is at risk and how we can maintain our progress in the fight against climate change.
Defend Our Future is a project of the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF). EDF is one of the world’s largest non-profit environmental organizations whose mission is to forge innovative solutions that help people and nature prosper.
● Recruit and build volunteer networks over the phone, in one-on-one meetings, conversations with other organizations.
● Assist in planning and execution of both on-campus and community based events promoting action on climate;
● Engage fellow students and young people on the importance of contacting their elected leaders through tabling and crowd canvassing;
● List building, data entry and recruitment calls
● Must be a current college student
● Be available for at least 5-10 hours per week (if you'd like this to count as an internship; volunteers are free to help out for less than five hours);
● Excellent communication skills and willingness to engage large and diverse student populations
● Ability to work in and adapt to a fast-moving, team-oriented environment
● Familiarity with climate change issues is preferred.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Email me if you're interested in volunteering!