Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Covenant House New York
460 West 41st Street
International Sports and Music Project (ISMP) and Covenant House New York (CHNY) are looking for volunteers!
About ISMP: ISMP creates sports and music opportunities as a means of connecting and empowering children in vulnerable communities around the world.
About CHNY: As the largest provider of runaway and homeless youth services in New York City, nearly 250 teens seek shelter at CHNY on any given night.
ISMP and CHNY Partnership: ISMP and CHNY have partnered to offer guitar lessons and basketball clinics for any homeless teen who wishes to participate.
· Tuesdays 7:00 PM-9:00 PM (one-hour guitar lesson, one-hour jam session)
· Wednesdays 7:00 PM-9:00 PM (basketball drills and pick-up games)
· Covenant House New York
· 460 W. 41st St., New York, NY 10036
· Music volunteers should have experience playing guitar or other instruments
· Experience teaching music encouraged, but not required
· Basketball volunteers should have a strong understanding of the sport
· Must be comfortable with the organization and facilitation of basketball drills and games
· The ideal volunteer is passionate about sports and/or music, patient, sensitive, mindful, and comfortable with encouraging participation and inclusion
· Volunteers should expect to attend a one-time mandatory training session, complete a mandatory one-hour online training session, along with participating in three volunteer sessions per month
All interested candidates should contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Training Provided