Research Analyst - Peacebuilding/Peace and Conflict Studies
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Beyond Violence
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
District of Columbia
- Are you a peace and conflict studies major, grad student or practitioner?
- Do you have a deep interest in peacebuilding, current conflicts and nonviolent conflict resolution?
- Are you a detail orientated, organized researcher?
- Are you a strong communicator and illustrative writer?
- Do you have a passion for combating violence in the world?
If your answer to these questions is YES, then Beyond Violence needs you!
Beyond Violence (BV) is global organization which seeks to engage people across countries and continents in the promotion of non-violent conflict transformation. Through the use of Internet Communication Technology (ICT) based campaigns, we are impacting decision-makers and local actors to put down weapons and solve conflict through negotiation and dialogue.
This voluntary position is envisioned as having a minimum commitment of three to six months. The amount of time you will put into it and the amount of research you will produce will be determined in conversations with your supervisor and based on our need and your availability.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Create professional and in-depth research materials on peacebuilding best practices, current trends in the field and ongoing conflicts.
- Support the development and implementation of BV’s campaigns and programs.
- Deliver projects in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Project Manager and attend scheduled check in secessions
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Academic and/or professional background in peacebuilding, peace and conflict studies, international relations, and/or political science.
- Working knowledge of ongoing conflicts, relevant peacebuilding issues and current political affairs.
- Strong research and writing experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Basic computer skills including – digital communication tools (Skype, WhatsApp, e-mail, etc,) Word, and the sharing of documents via the cloud – are essential.
- International Volunteers