Event Day Volunteer Chair - PurpleStride Sacramento - Walk to end pancreatic cancer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Pancreatic Cancer Action Network - Sacramento Affiliate
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
William Land Regional Park
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Event Volunteers Chair plays a critical role in ensuring PurpleStride has the necessary volunteer power and coordination to run smoothly. PurpleStride Sacramento 2018 is November 10th at William Land Park.
Recruit and effectively manage a sub-committee chair to support your efforts around planning and logistics of event day volunteers.
• Collaborate with other PurpleStride planning committee chairs to define volunteer needs for site setup, packet pickup and event day. Outline volunteer instructions for each area.
• Actively recruit volunteers to fill the defined needs.
• Regularly communicate with volunteers from the time they register through event. Welcome them, figure out best placement for their desires and skills, outline what to expect, send reminders and answer questions.
• Onsite volunteer coordination. Welcome and check in, train and instruct as necessary and direct to designated assignments. Reassign as necessary to ensure high priority areas are covered.
• Check-out and excuse all event day volunteers at the completion of event.
• Post event volunteer appreciation.
• Strong leader, communicator and motivator
• A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Remain poised in high energy situations
• Knowledge of community
• Strong time management
• Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
- Training Provided
How To Apply
We anticipate this role to be primarily in the couple months leading up to our event for outreach to volunteers who have signed up as volunteers on our registration site. You can work remotely to contact volunteers via email and phone but we will need our Volunteer Chair onsite on event day, November 10, 2018 at William Land Park in Sacramento early in the morning to greet volunteers, assist them in locating their volunteer post, managing through the event and being on the walkie talkies with the other event team leaders for assistance as needed.
Please send an email with any questions you may have and let us know if you have a connection to pancreatic cancer. PurpleStride Sacramento is a 100% volunteer run local event. :-)