Volunteer at the New York Aquarium
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
602 Surf Avenue
Interested in volunteering at the New York Aquarium? We’ve got openings! Join the Education Department to help inspire a diverse, inclusive movement of conservation advocates, spark connection with animals and nature, enhance scientific literacy through hands-on investigation and engage constituents in stewardship and action to conserve wildlife and wild places.
- Adult Volunteers must be 21 years-of-age or older
- Student Volunteer Interpreters must be currently enrolled in an Undergraduate/Graduate Program at a College or University
- Applicants must participate in mandatory training sessions, (variable in length and content based on specialty, and may be both online and at the zoo) to prepare you for your Volunteer role. We are currently planning our next training sessions to begin in the fall of 2018. (Sundays: 10/7, 10/14, 10/21, 10/28)
- Upon successful completion of the training course, a minimum commitment of 1-year of service is expected.*
- Volunteers must commit to satisfy the minimum number of volunteer shifts for their chosen Volunteer Specialty. Exceptions would be for vacations, illness, or emergencies.
*Student Level Volunteers (Current Graduate/Undergraduate Students) will only need to commit two shifts per month through May 2019.
Interested in applying. Follow this link to submit your application: http://bit.ly/NYAvolunteers. Applications are due on September 6, 2018.
- Training Provided