Certified Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Oregon Office of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Certified Ombudsman volunteers advocate for the rights, dignity, and quality of life of adults in nursing homes, residential care and assisted living facilities, and adult foster care homes. Everything they do is free and confidential. Backed by a professional staff, they visit licensed facilities, get to know residents, investigate complaints (from residents, family, friends, facility staff, the public, anyone), watch and listen for problems and, with the resident’s approval, work to resolve them. They inform residents of their rights, educate facility staff, family members, and the community about resident rights and care concerns.
- a flexible schedule
- a meaningful, challenging role
- an opportunity to make an impact
- over 21 years and can pass a background check
- available at least 16 hours a month including weekdays
- can attend 5-day training (usually local)
- can attend monthly team meetings
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Submit an application on-line, via email or fax. Applications can be found on the website or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Participate in on on-line virtual webinar on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Visit our website to sign up!