Communications role with growing International NGO
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Woodenfish Foundation
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
450 Lexington Avenue
Woodenfish Foundation is seeking a current student or someone with an ability to commit 10-15 hours per week (with opportunity for more time and potential hiring in the future) to gain invaluable experience conducting research to help further the program development of Woodenfish in the US and China. Woodenfish gained Special Consultative Status with ECOSOC of the United Nations in 2016.
This position is either remote or in midtown Manhattan. If remote, your Woodenfish supervisor will check in on the progress through phone conversations with more frequent email communication. If in midtown, you will work in the office with our partner organization, WHAO.
Woodenfish will continue to develop its role and activities engaged with stakeholders in and around the United Nations, and a volunteer would have an opportunity to play a role in that process. We hope to be able to offer volunteers an opportunity to gain exposure and experience working in variety of capacities with an international NGO. Upon successful completion of the experience, the supervisor will be able to offer a letter of recommendation and certificate of completion. We would like an intern to commit to a three-month period of working with Woodenfish Foundation.
The minimum time commitment is 10 hours per week.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
· Work independently on special, nonrecurring and ongoing projects
· Assist with drafting and editing materials, including blogs, reports, social media postings
· Identify new potential points of contact for ongoing policy/education campaigns
· Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects
· Answer and/or field emails and communications, and respond as appropriate
· Assist with research and compiling of reports
· Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
· Must be flexible, highly organized and have a proven ability to juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands and impeccable follow-up and attention to detail
· Pay close attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
· Chinese language skills a plus but not necessary
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel. Other computer website management skills a plus
· Ability to be highly productive working independently and as a member of a team
How To Apply
Please send us your resume and a letter of interest to Julia Gooding, email@example.com. We will consider each response carefully, but only contact those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.