Media Volunteers - PurpleStride Sacramento 2018 - the walk to end pancreatic cancer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Pancreatic Cancer Action Network - Sacramento Affiliate
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. Our media volunteers play a critical role in raising awareness and educating the public about PurpleStride and driving participation through earned media outreach efforts.
Some or any of the following Responsibilities & Duties:
• Partner with PurpleStride Chair on media outreach strategy (pre-event, day-of and post event.)
• Build and cultivate relationships with local media.
• Identify, pitch and flag story opportunities that could generate local or national media coverage.
• Act as liaison between the affiliate and local media, including being prepared with current organizational messages, facts and statistics.
o Coordinate outreach with other affiliate media chairs (if applicable).
• Act as an Affiliate Spokesperson when necessary.
• Secure local media coverage around PurpleStride utilizing PanCAN templates and resources.
• Secure local media sponsorships for PurpleStride.
• Coordinate with other planning committee chairs. For example:
o Partner with Event Experience Chair to identify potential emcee opportunities
o Work with Logistics Chair to determine logistics of onsite media coverage
- Training Provided
How To Apply
We need help in all of the areas mentioned in our post for media. Even if you have a few hours a month, this would be very helpful. Experience in media or public relations in the Sacramento, CA area would be wonderful! Our national office provides some standard PR releases and templates to make things easy.