Call for Volunteers
Want to participate in the premier learning event for development practitioners for free - a $1,000 value?
Want an opportunity to network with global development thinkers and doers and industry stakeholders?
Apply to volunteer for the 2018 SEEP Annual Conference!
Every year, SEEP offers a platform for attendees to connect, engage, and learn more about the challenges and opportunities they face in reducing poverty and scaling impact. In 2017, the SEEP Annual Conference welcomed over 400 participants from 155 organizations and 52 countries. We are eager to convene once again to explore this year’s theme, Collaboration for Impact.
All volunteer assignments will be fulfilled in Arlington, Virginia during the dates of the conference (October 1-3, 2018) and/or during the set-up process prior to the conference (September 17-28, 2018). Volunteer assignments include 2 days on and 1 day off during the dates of the conference. Additionally, all volunteers must attend at least one orientation day prior to the conference. Orientation dates are September 25-27, 2018. Volunteers must be fluent in English and those with additional language skills (French, Spanish) will be given priority.
In exchange, volunteers are entitled to attend one full day of the Conference with access to sessions and networking opportunities. Breakfasts and lunches are included. All other costs, such as lodging, dinner, airfare, local travel, and incidental expenses associated with participation in the Conference are the responsibility of the volunteer. Individuals who accept a volunteer assignment will be asked to sign an agreement indicating their acceptance of the terms and conditions, as well as commitment to fulfilling the assigned responsibilities.
Volunteer assignments will be made based on the needs of the Conference. A partial listing of volunteer tasks includes:
· Registration. Volunteers will provide administrative/clerical support to the Conference Registrar during the check-in of Conference participants.
· Information. Volunteers will provide assistance to participants in locating sessions, meeting rooms, hotel facilities, and answering questions about the Conference Agenda. Volunteers are expected to become intimately familiar with the program.
· Conference Logistics. Volunteers will serve in a variety of capacities to support the on-site operations of the Conference. Some of these duties include stuffing and distributing Conference registration bags, preparing session packets, collecting drink tickets for the reception, and providing general administrative support.
· Meeting Room Monitoring. Volunteers will provide general assistance in the various meeting rooms: assisting with set up, taking headcount, reporting any audio/visual challenges, timekeeping and communicating time limits to speakers, distributing handouts, and communicating with SEEP staff to complete any other necessary tasks. Certain volunteers may be assigned note-taking responsibility.
· Conference Preparation. Volunteers will assist SEEP staff in logistical and organizational tasks in the immediate run-up to the conference.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong work ethic; willing and able to perform all duties required
· Excellent oral communication skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
· Fluency in French and/or Spanish a plus
· Experience in meeting and event planning
· Easygoing manner, flexible, energetic
· Must be available for full at least 2 full days during the period October 1-3, 2018
Submit an application through this online form. Applications will be accepted as long as volunteers are needed and reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply soon! Applicants will be notified of the status of their application on or before September 4, 2018.
How To Apply
Submit an application through this online form. Applications will be accepted as long as volunteers are needed and reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply soon! Selected applicants will be notified of their acceptance on or before September 4, 2018.