A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
P.O. Box 545934
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as an Associate Director you are required to contribute a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Associate Director must be willing to attend meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- STW™ will provide a letter of recommendation to volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
STW™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW™ also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW™ because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is “Contamination free, healthy water for all”
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org.
Manages and supports the Content team for planning and implementation of all social media messaging and growth strategy. Communicate the organization's purpose and activities, as well as developing and promoting the mission.
What you will be responsible for…
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Social Media in increasing brand awareness and engagement rates.
- Manage an average of 6 to 8 volunteers and interns.
- Track, analyze and optimize all social media channels.
- Responsible for promoting brand, increasing social media traffic and engagement, and development of followers in order to obtain advertising sponsors and donations.
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Social Media with the managing social media strategies and campaigns to promote organizational events, causes and awareness efforts.
- Ensure social media message is conveyed clearly and delivered properly to prospects through proofreading all social media content.
- Manage and keep operational documents current.
- Assist in developing procedures & documents for the organization.
- Plan and conduct bi-weekly meetings with Project Leader - includes sending agenda, taking meeting minutes and conducting follow up with Project Leader.
- Complete timesheet on a weekly basis.
Apply Now if you have...
- Bachelor's degree completed, or currently enrolled in Master's degree program or comparable work experience (at least 4 years or more full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience).
- Experience managing and optimizing Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram campaigns.
- Knowledge in Social Media best practices.
- Experience with Hootsuite a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
- International Volunteers