Event Specialist Coordinator - Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Doctors for Doctors / Nurses for Nurses
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Event Specialist Coordinator
Want to help to change lives and empower local communities with a life-long impact?<img src="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/N0ceLLz3cATeiBW3IctQ1WEELk2CiyCFfHUXtRVahYsqhdsn4MS5pJH8XmTSOOPm84ejQfyAmKk-nwAclm5zZDvsUXZrPMi4CrmeUOWZMhs4JvZmETowenkc05b35xKOmGipA7m6" alt="DFD.png" height="125" width="202">
We are a registered Canadian Charity that works in rural communities of Nicaragua providing full scholarships for young students to attend medical school. Our goal is to increase access to healthcare and education in rural Nicaragua by empowering youth to become agents of change in their communities.
We are life-long, local, life-saving.
Job Summary & Essential Duties:
Event Specialist Coordinators will help to create a world-class series of public appearances and fundraising events in order to support our charitable work in Nicaragua. They will use their knowledge of event planning to connect the public with our charity’s cause. Roles will differ depending on experience and interests; however, all Event Specialists will first work with our flagship monthly international development speaker series event - Development Works - held at the University of Toronto. For more information search for our Development Works podcast or eventbrite pages. This Toronto (Ontario) based role requires a minimum of 5 hours a month.
- Attend and support our event Development Works each month (first Sunday afternoon of each month)
- Use your skill sets and experience to heighten the professionalism of Development Works
- Follow instructions from experienced volunteers/managers about how to set-up, run and take down
- Assist with the operations, marketing, sponsorships or volunteer coordination of other events on an as needed basis for all our charitable purposes
- With consistency and demonstrated leadership, volunteers may be given management responsibilities
- Having a startup mindset (get-it-done philosophy, low drama/solutions oriented)
- Training or experience in event management/event planning/startups (min. one year)
- Having a desire to attend our socials just as much as you love seeing them run smoothly
- Demonstrating a strong command of English and proficiency at public speaking
- Spanish speaking an asset
- The commitment of 5 hours/month
How to join our team?
- Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Include the Job Title in the subject line as well as where you saw this ad, ex: ‘Event Specialist - Indeed’
We cannot wait for you to join our team of dynamic professionals, finding creative solutions to complex problems!
If you require an accommodation of any kind in order to participate in our recruitment process, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.