A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
6115 S Santa Fe Drive
PURPOSE OF JOB: Serve as a friendly ambassador of Hudson Gardens by greeting visitors as they enter the Welcome Center and providing general Gardens information and directions to visitors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Greet and interact with visitors to Hudson Gardens in a welcoming, friendly, inviting and professional manner.
· Convey general visitor information, including information about Garden features, educational programs, membership opportunities, and upcoming events.
· Orient visitors to the Gardens by providing directions and information about program locations, restrooms, lunch facilities, etc.
· Assist with light office work.
· Weekly shifts are available 7 days a week, April through November.
· A commitment for one, 3-4 hour shift per week preferred.
· Shift days and times are adaptable to the volunteer’s schedule.
· Indoors within the Welcome Center.
· Closed-toe shoes.
· A name badge (provided).
· Must be aged 18 or older.
· Prospective applicants will be interviewed.
· Submit to and pass a criminal record and National Sex Offender check prior to acceptance into this position.
· Demonstrate comfort and ability with high energy situations.
· Ability to communicate clearly with diverse groups of people.
· Previous customer service experience is preferred.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time; walk; and sit.
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
· Reach with hands and arms.
· Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Talk or hear.
· Lift up to 25 pounds.
CONTACT: Community Programs & Outreach, 303-797-8565 ext. 306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training Provided