Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
620 Olson Memorial Highway
● Mentorship: a non-parent, caring adult is an asset to our scholars’ development. By volunteering, you will be increasing their development and confidence.
● One-on-one time benefits both those in tutoring and in class. It optimizes teachers’ time with a smaller class.
● Tutors provide targeted repetition on academics and support the growth Prodeo scholars make in a year.
Tutoring takes place from 8:30am- 10:00am in classrooms of Kindergarten and 1st grade scholars.
Monday- Friday. Individuals can take a one and a half hour time slot weekly, or create a tutoring team with friends, family, and co-workers (i.e. a team of four people tutor one day per month).
Prodeo Academy, a PK-5th grade public charter school serving North Minneapolis, is a meaningful education solution that is closing the achievement gap through data driven instruction in a culture based on a foundation of five core values: Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Development and Enthusiasm. Shared expectations around these values enhance the opportunity for our scholars to reach their full potential. We are looking for volunteers committed to helping our students access greater opportunities, achieve future success, and contribute to the vitality of our community.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Enjoys working with students and able to develop a positive rapport with Prodeo scholars.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Established proficiency in subject matter.
- Positive, go-getter attitude.
- Passion for the Prodeo Academy mission and ability to model Prodeo’s core values (perseverance, respect, integrity, development, enthusiasm).
If you have time and talent to share please contact Anna Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org