EncoreOC Professionals Program - Innovative Housing Opportunities, Marketing
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by OneOC
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1901 E. 4th St. #100
OneOC is proud to offer the EncoreOC Professionals Program throughout Orange County! As an EncoreOC Professional, you will connect with a local nonprofit in meaningful & purposeful service to help address unmet community needs. During the 8-week program, you will fulfill critical project-based assignments that will bolster the infrastructure of the nonprofit at which you are serving.
Company Background: OneOC - Encore Professionals Program with Innovative Housing Opportunities.
As a nonprofit developer, the mission of Innovative Housing Opportunities is to serve low to moderate income households with high-quality affordable housing, transformative programming, targeted services, and economic development opportunities to those most in need across Southern California.
Term of Volunteer Service: 8-weeks project-based assignment between April and December 2018
Hours of Volunteer Service: 15 hours per week for 8 weeks (Virtual and Onsite)
Wage: This is a volunteer opportunity.
Position: EncoreOC Professionals are highly-skilled volunteers who typically possess an advanced educational and career background. Experienced applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply and are welcome to send a resume and cover letter.
Major Responsibilities and Related Tasks:
Marketing-The Encore Professional will collaborate with IHO marketing and fund development teams to generate content that can be utilized for a wide range of communications to benefit awareness, relationship building, donor development, and fundraising efforts.
- Develop a library of easily retrievable core messaging abstracts which can be used across the organization for various purposes, including RFPs, grant writing, presentations, and ask letters.
- Create a 1-2 page marketing brochure for each of IHO’s top 5 target audiences.
- If time allows, draft stories about IHO services and beneficiaries, or begin research and development of White Paper illustrating IHO’s thought leadership for housing those most in need.
- Microsoft Office
- Social Media
- Other: Grammar, Research, Proofreading
- Opportunity to make a significant difference in the mission of an Orange County nonprofit
- Free Leadership Development Trainings from OneOC
- Networking opportunities
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an EncoreOC Professional, the candidate must meet all eligibility requirements below, including but not limited to:
- Commit to the project-based assignment and position timeline
- Agree to and clear a criminal background check