Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
51 Chemin du Trabandan
Norlha is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious NGO based in Lausanne, Switzerland, that supports people living in the most remote areas of the Himalayas. Through its farming, environmental and gender awareness projects, it strives to ensure food security and generate extra income for families in a sustainable manner while at the same time protecting the environment. It also has a strong focus on supporting women. Norlha is currently looking for tow replacements as Recruiter.
Part time (volunteer/ internship position)
The Recruiter together with the rest of the team will have the crucial role of HQ staff sourcing. She or he will be a key person in an internal and external communication and a representative in public events. This is an excellent position to experience the work of a dynamic, professional and growing organization, whilst providing the following:
Mission and activities
· Full life in house recruitment:
o Sourcing and outreaching potential candidates ,
o Screening and selecting applications,
o Communicating with hiring managers and candidates,
o Organising the interviews,
o when possible participating in the interviews,
· Social media usage as recruitment tool,
· Representation and recruitment in the various public events ,
· Participating in various social groups to identify and attract new potential candidates,
· Talent Management,
· Support team in other tasks when needed.
· Experience in recruitment ,
· Education in administration, HR or similar domain,
· At easy and convincing in the public space,
· Very good organisational skills,
· Knowledge of general IT tools and fast learner,
· Team player and able to work autonomously,
· Respectful and at easy in the communication,
· Ideally fluent or advanced level of French and English .
· Engagement in poverty reduction and development of people in need, focus on capacity building,
· Experience in working with top management in an international NGO,
· Working in an enthusiastic and motivated cohesive team,
· High degree of autonomy, good sense of responsibility, ample room for initiative,
· Team building and development of multi-language communication skills,
· Better understanding in humanitarian work and living condition in Himalayan area.
Duration and working time: minimum 6, preferably 9 months or longer. 30-50%
Location: Home base with possibility to come to Lausanne at least twice a month.
This part-time, long-term volunteer position is not paid and an applicant must have a legal right for long term volunteering in Switzerland.
Application process: Please sent your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ref. HR
Closing date for application: As soon as possible.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.